Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Chapter 6 Reflecting On What I Know

1. Now that I have access to the Web, how can I use it effectively?
The possibilities are endless on how a educator can use the web effectively.  Have student research data, check a website for assignments, keep a blog to post reflections on chapters read and much more.  Make sure that students are visiting appropriate sites and that their use of computers is monitored.

2. How do I manage students' use of the Web in my class?
Make sure students have a guideline on what information they need to obtain from the Web.  Do not allow students to access information whenever they want or however they want.  This can lead to problems of students starring idly at a screen or visiting websites that have nothing to do with the project they are working to complete.

3. Which features of the Web do I use?
It depends on the subject you are teaching or the project you have assigned.  Ask yourself questions?  Will students need to communicate with me or fellow students via email?  Will they need to collaborate with students around the world using Skype?  Will they be searching for information using specific search engines?  Once you have your lesson plan in place question where Web features can be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment