Having a Delicious account is a very valuable tool as an educator. What a great way to save and share information with colleagues. I thought it was very easy to find sites that I could use in my classroom. All you need to do is type in key words in search engines and look through the sites. I made sure to put words like, 1st grade, educational, lesson plans and interactive in my search. The results were a little overwhelming but after a couple of clicks I found the ones that I wanted to put on my account.
I found that several of my fellow students and I chose the same sites. Facebook was a hit on many accounts along with pbs kids and math.com. I like the fact that while some of us had the same sites there were also many different sites too. This gives us the opportunity to explore new sites and add them to our account.
I did not run across many sites that only tried to sell a product but I know they exist. I do have the Mailbox and Scholastic saved to my Delicious account but I feel that both of these sites have so much to offer if purchases are made. For instance, if students/parents purchase a certain amount of books each month from Scholastic then the classroom receives free books.
What I like about the 15+ accounts I selected is what they have to offer me and my students. One site may offer lesson plans while another provides fun activities for children. Each site I visit can provide me with inspiration to create new and exciting lessons for my students.
No comments:
Post a Comment